Chi Chi Rich Gems Palette Review

Wednesday, February 26, 2014



The Chi Chi Rich Gems palette has a velvety soft texture, it's rich in bold colors which are very pigmented and satin like in finish. If you want a matte palette this one isn't for you. If you're interested in a bold party palette with what I would prefer for a Spring time look, and transferable for all year 'round, then this is your go to! For $22.95 online, or in store at Target you cannot go wrong. I purchased mine online at chichicosmetics.com, living rurally the postage was very quick with less than 5 days delivery.






The packaging is simple with a clear plastic lid which flips up, the bottom is black and the colors sit individually in sturdy rectangular inserts. The packaging as a whole is minimalistic, slimline and strong. I can fit this palette in my make up bag making it perfect for travel. It is smaller than the Urban Decay Original palette (if that helps with dimensions) and weighs 15 grams. It comes with two double ended applicators, although I never use these as I don't like the finish. I prefer to use my finger to pat it onto my lid, or an eyeshadow brush, and then I blend using my Sigma E40.



My favorite part about these 12 colours is you can wear them wet or dry, sheer or dramatic as they are very build-able with a great staying power. I noticed with my swatches that the lighter colors are some what sheer against my pale complexion, the whites and silvers are excellent for the inner corners of your eyes or build-able for an all over wash of colour to your lids. 



I had to photography with light in front and behind me to show the pigmentation and contrast the lighter colours. Some watches shown have two or three applications using my finger. Although the navy blue, terracotta and purple are such deep colors I only had to apply one coat onto my forearm.

In order to palette, my short arms didn't allow for all twelve swatches at one time.

The first seven colors from Navy to a Terracotta

The last five colors from a light shimmery Gold to a light shimmery Silver/Grey

I adore the rich purple as it is the most vibrant color in the palette and very fun to look at especially in the swatches. I would recommend this on someone with hazel or green eyes. 

I enjoy the browns, terracotta and gold as these are always my go to in eye shadows which make my Blue/Grey eyes pop. For blue eyes I also love using rose colors and browns  with a purple tone eyeshadow when I am tiring of earth tones. 

Of course, if you have brown eyes any of these colors will work for you (lucky you!) although if you would like your eyes to stand out try using the green and pinks. Try simmery golds and browns with a golden shimmer for an earthy toned look without making your eye shadow 'muddy'.

xo Jocelyn


You Might Also Like

0 comments

SUBSCRIBE NEWSLETTER

Get an email of every new post! We'll never share your address.

Popular Posts

RSS Feed